How to leave a gift in your Will

If you would like to leave a gift in your Will to children and young people with life-threatening conditions and their families, we strongly recommend you that you speak to a solicitor or suitably qualified legal professional to ensure your wishes will be carried out as you intend.

You will need to include the following details:

Registered Charity: East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

Address: Church Lane, Milton, Cambridgeshire, CB24 6AB

Registered Charity number: 1069284

Untitled (9)

Wording for a gift

An example of wording you can use:

I leave my X share(s) of my residuary estate for East Anglia’s Children's Hospices, Church Lane, Milton, Cambridgeshire, CB24 6AB registered charity number 1069284 (England), absolutely for its general charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer or other proper officer for the time being shall be a sufficient discharge to my executors.

If you are writing a new Will, you should find a solicitor to help you draw this up.

Choosing a solicitor

A solicitor will be able to advise you on leaving charitable gifts when making a Will. Before enlisting a solicitor, check how much they charge and, if possible, get recommendations from those around you. You may be entitled to legal aid if you are 70 or over; disabled; a parent of a disabled person and wish for that person to be provided for in the Will; or a single person that wishes to appoint a guardian in the Will. More information can be found at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Law Society locator can help you find a local solicitor. Please note the law on making Wills varies across parts of the UK.

Untitled Design (23)

Sign up to our newsletter and keep in touch!

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top