Notes to editors
“EACH is a place I’d recommend to any parents in our situation. Not just for the care delivered, but because it’s somewhere children play and have fun, where their medical needs are a priority but the children feel that living life is an equal priority”
- We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our income and this year need to raise £6.7 million from donations and fundraising activities and £7.8 million in retail income. We only receive 15% of our income from the government, county councils and the NHS.
- Our supportive care for babies, children, young people and their families is all-encompassing. If required, this life-long support includes specialist nursing, therapies and ongoing wellbeing care through all the ups and downs.
- Depending on a family’s needs and wishes, we can provide care in one of our hospices, in the family home, in hospital or in the wider community. This ensures every family receives care somewhere they feel safe and comfortable.
- Our range of services is comprehensive, for both bereaved and non-bereaved families, and includes expert nursing care and short breaks, symptom management nursing, family activities and events, physical therapies, wellbeing, care at end of life, bereavement support and practical help in the family home.
- Our hospices are rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission. They are fun, happy and homely places for children to be children, and a dependable, supportive and restful space for families to be families. Parents and siblings are involved and supported throughout.
- We work together with families and other care professionals and have a reputation for excellence and working collaboratively, sharing skills and expertise within our teams and in partnership with healthcare colleagues across the sector.
- EACH provides employees with the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and families. To find out more about current vacancies and working for EACH, head here.
- EACH Royal Patron – HRH The Princess of Wales.
- For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call our fundraisers on 01223 800 800.