East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) are looking for friendly reception volunteers to help provide a welcoming environment for families, donors and all other visitors at our hospice, The Nook. Key activities include;
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls
- Greeting all visitors e.g. families, fundraising visitors, contractors
- Receiving deliveries
- Receiving donation boxes from fundraisers
- Calling the fire service in the event of an emergency
- Dealing & distributing post
- Computer work – producing mailshots, updating phone/contact lists
- Photocopying and other admin tasks as required
Volunteers will be able to work as part of a team, be flexible, committed and reliable. It is essential that you are computer literate and have experience of using databases as well as Word, Outlook, Excel. Volunteers will be provided with an induction by the Lead Administrator, who will also provide you with regular supervision sessions.
Ideally we will need assistance from Monday to Friday, morning or afternoon shifts will be available. The recruitment process consists of an application form, informal interview and is subject to an Enhanced DBS and 2x satisfactory references. You will also be required to undertake some mandatory training ahead of commencing your volunteer role, some of which will require an annual refresher e.g. safeguarding.