Kett's Fun Day and Fayre
£1 entry for adults - Kids go FREE
Join us for medieval antics and modern day excitement all rolled into one.
- Funfair with everyone’s favourite rides from the big wheel to the teacups, so scream if you want to go faster! Dodgems, waltzes, sizzler ‘twist, eliminator, cage ride, fun house, bungee trampolines, cup and saucers, toys roundabout, slides and inflatables and face painters!
- Variety of stalls ranging from arts and crafts to jewellery, books, beauty, gifts and homewares.
- A bar and food court area will keep you refreshed throughout the day featuring a hog roast, street food, specialist ice cream and doughnuts and much more.
- The Black Knight Historical performers will be in their Tudor Camp, so be ready to interact with characters from the 16th century and learn what life was like in this turbulent period.
- Wymondham’s very own hero, Robert Kett, will be delivering his famous speech to the peasants before they march on Norwich and on to what became the Rebellion of 1549. Meet Robert Kett, find out his grievances and protest against the enclosure of common land and rivalry with another local, Sir John Flowerdew. Join the rebellion!
- A Tudor camp will be open to visitors all day, and within the tented encampment the Black Knight Historical team will be showing daily Tudor life. There will be ongoing demonstrations and displays of music, birds of prey, weapons and armour, cookery, archery, games and crafts, especially relating to sheep and wool.
- Live hawk and falconry demonstrations, join in with the medieval minstrels and have a go at archery.
- A Children s Quiz will take place through the day centered in the Tudor Camp, for a great interactive learning experience with our medieval characters, bringing the past to life!
- Fancy Dress Competition - who will be the best dressed Tudor? Kids Fancy Dress competition with a fabulous prize up for grabs - a family ticket to Banham Zoo!
At the Tudor Camp:
11am Archery, Crossbow, Musket and Cannon.
12 Noon Falcons and Hawks in flying display
1pm 'Old Mother Kett' performance
2pm The Grievances and 29 Requests- rousing the commons - bring
your pitchfork! – this doesn’t make any sense?
3pm Tudor dance- join in!
3:30pm Fancy dress competition judging
3:45pm Kids Quiz winner announcement
We are providing this event in support of Wymondham’s heritage and its famous resident Robert Kett.