What is a Friends Group?
It's quite simply a group of people that wish to support EACH, who get together on a regular basis to have fun while raising funds for the work of the hospices. They provide a vital link to the local community and help raise the profile of the charity.
What does a Friends Group do?
Arranging local fundraising events (such as sales and fairs, quiz nights, jumble sales, coffee mornings etc)
- Organising public collections in the town or supermarket
- Placing and maintaining collection boxes (in local shops, pubs etc)
- Circulating leaflets and awareness posters in the community
Groups may also be involved in talking to other organisations about the work of EACH, in order to encourage them to support the work that we do.
How are groups structured and run?
This depends on how large or small the group would like to be, but generally the groups consist of:
- Someone good at paperwork and admin, to write letters/keep records/take minutes etc.
- A person comfortable with figures who could organise ‘floats’ for events and the recording and banking of funds raised
- A volunteer to represent and lead the group, chairing meetings and being the main contact for the fundraising team
It’s not all about being on a committee, just as important are people who could help at events, as and when required.
How do I join an existing group?
Simply contact your nearest group for a chat, contact us and your local fundraiser will get in touch.
How do I start my own group?
You simply get together with your local Fundraiser, to discuss the background of the charity and decide on the kind of things the group would like to do. Often, the best way of starting things off would be to organise a small and straightforward fundraising event and take it from there.
Contact details for our existing Friends Groups are as follows:
Contact Peter Law firstname.lastname@example.org 01223 205198
Huntingdon & St Ives
Colchester: Contact Pam House - 01206 853839
Contact Emma Taylor email@example.com 01953 666767
Framingham Earl: Contact Emma Lord - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01953 666767
Contact Hannah Walker email@example.com 01473 276193