Donating items to our shops
We rely on your donations to stock our charity shops, allowing us to raise money to support our services.
How can I donate?
You’re welcome to drop donations of standard items at any of our shops.
If you have large or bulky items, please call the shop first to check if they have space. If they don’t we can normally arrange collection, or you can drop items off at our distribution centre in Thetford.
To arrange collection of items or for more info, please call our Retail Distribution Centre on 01842 821620.
Items we take:
- Good quality clothing
- Good quality, clean bric-a-brac (e.g. ornaments, dinner service sets, mugs, vases etc)
- Modern paperbacks
- Toys of good saleable quality
- Household Linens
- Retro and dressing up clothes
- Small electrical items (e.g. clocks, personal CD players)
We can also take the following:
- Any textiles - even ragged old clothes!
- Prams, pushchairs, cots
- Children's shoes, fur, nightwear, spectacles
- Cosmetics (must be sealed & unused)
- Old tattered books
- Large electrical items including modern computer equipment, microwaves, stereo systems
- Garden tools, lawnmowers - if you're clearing out your shed, keep us in mind!
If any items are unsuitable for sale in our shops we can usually either sell them at auction or recycle them to raise funds, so we're happy to accept most items, even if not in great condition! However, there are a few exceptions - please see below...
What we CAN'T take:
Some items actually cost us money to dispose of, and for this reason we are not able to accept the following items:
- Large TVs
- Old CRT computer monitors
- Mattresses, including cot mattresses
- Duvets and pillows
- Fridges or Freezers
- Old/ripped armchairs and sofas (we can only accept these if they are in good condition and comply with current fire safety regulations)
- Car safety seats, crash helmets, bicycle helmets and riding helmets
If you would like to check if we are able to accept your items, please ask our team at our Retail Distribution Centre by calling 01842 821620. Collected items will be accepted at our driver's discretion, so if you are unsure about anything, please check first.