Whether you’re running a marathon, organising a birthday party, raising money in someone’s memory or climbing Kilimanjaro, setting up an online fundraising page makes it quick, easy and secure for your friends and family to donate or sponsor you.
How does it work?
There are lots of online giving websites that collect donations and Gift Aid on our behalf for a small percentage of the funds raised.
Once you set up your page, we will get in touch to provide any support you need with your fundraising and your donations come straight to EACH from the online giving website you choose to use.
What sites can I use?
There are lots of different sites out there but take a look at BT MyDonate
and Virgin Money Giving
. When setting up your page remember to select EACH as your charity of choice.
We also have a special Butterfly Tribute Fund
through Much Loved set up if you’re fundraising in memory of someone special.
If you have any problems setting up your page get in touch with your local fundraising team
who will be able to help.
And don’t forget to let us know that you’re fundraising for EACH – we always love to hear your stories and see your pictures.
Top tips for online fundraising
- Remember to personalise your page with your story and photos. Posting updates on your page keeps those who have sponsored or donated to you up to date. If you’re training for a challenge event you might like to post about how your training is going or your preparations before the event.
- Set a target. Pages with a target set raise more money than those without. Make it realistic but a challenge, if you’re unsure chat to our fundraising teams about how high to set the bar.
- You can add your offline donations to your page. This enables your supporters to see how much you’ve raised altogether.
- Share it on your social media pages. The link to your online fundraising page is easily shared online. Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers to share and retweet to reach a larger audience.
- If you’re fundraising as a group you can set up a team page which gives you an overall total as well as links to each individuals’ page.
- Use examples of how much a donation is worth to EACH. You can find these price points on our donate page.