Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before completing your registration. You should understand that by submitting your registration form for The Piglet, Junior Hog, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions for yourself and all those you are registering.
- I acknowledge that I am participating in this event at my own risk and that East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and 8.2 events (who are running the event), the sponsors or supporters of the event cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of my participation, unless caused by the negligence of both parties.
- I acknowledge that the minimum age for entry is 8 years old. There is no upper age limit but everyone participating is expected to be in good physical health enough to be able to complete the course with minimal assistance from other participants.
- If necessary you should gain advice from your GP as to whether you are physically prepared to undertake the challenge.
- I understand that The Piglet, Junior Hog is a hazardous activity consisting of a 4km or 2km outdoor obstacle course and there is a risk of injury to me when undertaking such activities. I understand that running, walking or climbing in cold, wet and/or slippery conditions could be potentially hazardous, and am aware that the obstacles area and the area between obstacles are likely to be muddy or slippery so I will take necessary care to ensure I avoid injury.
- Photographs will be taken of participants throughout the event which will be used on promotional materials. It is the participant’s responsibility to let staff know at registration if you do not want to appear in any such materials.
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Transfer of waves is not permitted.
- Children aged 8 – 11 years old can take part in the 2km BUT must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or older. This must be on a one adult : one child ratio.
- All participants of the 2km run (8 years +) will be charged a £12.50 entry fee.
- Anyone aged 12 years + taking part in the 4km run will be charged an entry fee of £17.50.
- The registration fee contributes largely to the cost of staging The Piglet, Junior Hog and includes your entry pack and fundraising materials. All funds donated or raised in sponsorship go towards patient care provision.
- Registration packs will be posted out to participants within 4 weeks of registering.
- Sponsor forms are included in your entry pack and we ask that all sponsorship and donations are sent in 4 weeks after the event. By doing so, EACH can make sure that we are on target to achieve best possible care to those who need it.
- All funds raised by your participation in events in support of EACH are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of EACH (registered charity no. 1069284) and those who receive the support from its services.
- Disabled entrants are welcome to take part. However due to the nature of the event, no wheelchairs will be allowed to be used on the course. Please contact us prior to booking to establish whether the event is suitable for you.
- On no account is alcohol to be brought into the event site or consumed during the event. EACH reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone under the influence of alcohol.
- NO DOGS are allowed to participate in The Piglet, Junior Hog.
- EACH reserves the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to The Piglet, Junior Hog at any time prior to the event. All participants will be provided with any updated terms and conditions in advance of the event.
What Should I wear?
- I confirm that I will wear training shoes and suitable sports clothing (preferably long sports trousers and a long sleeved top to avoid scratches, bits, bruises along with thick gloves)
- EACH reserves the right to cancel this event at any time. In the event of this happening, entry fees and sponsorship will be refunded in full.
- The information you provide at registration will be shared with EACH and the event organisers 8.2. 8.2 have signed a confidentiality agreementand will only use the data for the purpose of the event. Otherwise it will not be shared with any other organisation.
• I will not engage in any form of “ambush marketing” (ambush marketing is an activity by a party which utilizes the publicity value of an event without having any official involvement or connection with the event) and shall not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsor or other party commercially associated with the Event, nor conduct unauthorized promotions or other commercial activity.
• By participating in the Event this does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on the participant to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property of the Event.
If you have any questions about The Piglet, Junior Hog please contact EACH on 01473 917965