The Christmas Tree Recycling Scheme!

tree scheme

What is the Christmas Tree Recycling Scheme?

The Christmas tree recycling scheme is a fun, community event where volunteers collect Christmas trees from local homes and businesses who have registered their tree online and made a voluntary donation. 

In January 2019, an amazing 33,233 trees were collected by 919 volunteers across the country raising £412,535.

When?   

Christmas trees will be collected by EACH on 11th and 12th January 2020.

Where?

EACH ​can only collect Christmas trees in the following postcodes: PE27, PE28 and PE29

How?

Supporters have the opportunity to request a collection and will be asked to make a voluntary donation. The collections will happen between 8am and 5pm on the 11th and 12th January

Registration ​opens on 15th November 2019 and will close on 7th January 2020.

Volunteer opportunity

  •  Do you drive a van? Could you help EACH collect Christmas trees on 11th and 12th of January?
  • Do you live in the postcodes above? Can you spend a few hours promoting the scheme by leafleting between 1st December and 1st January? 
If you are able to do either of these, please contact Bronte Graver on 01223 205198 or bronte.graver@each.org.uk - we would love to hear from you
Working in partnership with JustHelping,  John Talbot Tree Surgery and The A14 Integrated Delivery Team. 

90% of money raised from the collection will come to EACH with the remaining 10% supporting STARS.

FAQ's

For more details, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).


  • I didn’t realise hope was a gift until I became a mum. My little boy taught me many things and that was one of them Claire, Jacob’s mum
  • EACH helps us to create lovely memories and has played an important part in all of our lives, not just Lucy’s. Heather, Lucy’s mum
  • I really love going to the hospice. I’ve made friends there and get to do loads of fun stuff. Renee
  • The play specialists are excellent and I also get inspiration from the activities they organise. Heather, Lucy’s mum
  • It’s been a great opportunity to meet other parents in a similar situation, something that doesn't really happen anywhere else. Helen, William’s mum
  • EACH supports families when they’re at their absolute lowest, helping them to come to terms with their child’s illness, losing them and beyond Brad, Stanley's Dad
  • Children like Lucy don’t get the opportunity to go to sleepovers or to their friends for tea, so the interaction she has at the hospice is priceless. Heather, Lucy’s mum
  • We are also supported by the 24/7 True Colours nurses and it’s so reassuring knowing we can call on them whenever we need support or advice Helen, William’s mum
  • EACH has helped us keep Stanley’s memory alive. And allows us to look to the future Brad, Stanley's Dad
  • EACH helped us with coping mechanisms and special ways of remembering Stanley. Brad, Stanley's Dad
  • When we first heard about the hospice we were apprehensive because we didn’t know what to expect. When we got there we realised it was a lovely place where Renee would be well looked after, and we would be able to have a much-needed break. Stacy, Renee’s mum
  • Renee loves going to The Treehouse, but it’s great that care staff are also able to visit us at home too. Stacy, Renee’s mum
  • We arrived at the hospice feeling scared and alone. We had so many questions – they answered them all and more. Claire, Jacob’s mum
  • I can’t imagine what it would have been like. Nobody should have to, every family should be offered the support we were, and are still getting Claire, Jacob’s mum

The Treehouse

St. Augustine’s Gardens,
Ipswich, IP3 8NS

Milton

Church Lane, Milton,
Cambridge, CB24 6AB

The Nook

Pigot Lane, Framingham Earl
Norfolk, NR14 7PX