The All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Children Who Need Palliative Care has launched an inquiry into the extent to which the government is meeting its end of life care choice commitment for babies, children and young people in England. This is a rare and unique opportunity for children, young people and/or family members to have their say, either online or in person.
This is really encouraging news and if you can, we urge as many people as possible to respond.
This is a short online survey covering questions around:
- the ability to exercise choice over care needed
- what barriers exist to prevent choice and services
- what opportunities there are for improving choice for young people and families.
Have your say: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/APPGCPCchoice
The APPG is holding an evidence session at The House of Commons on Wednesday 7th
February between 9.30 and 11.30am (Committee Room 20).
Please email email@example.com
if you would like to be considered as a witness to provide oral evidence or as an observer in the gallery – or call your local EACH Service Manager to find out more. EACH will reimburse any travel expenses, if not provided for by the APPG.
- submitting a comprehensive written response
- asking to be considered as a witness to provide oral evidence for care providers and in relation to palliative care workforce
- urging as many young people and families to provide their own unique insight to this vital inquiry.