Why have a group?
It enables your child to benefit from stimulation and social interaction through play and music.
Parents and carers often ask us for new activity ideas and express and interest in meeting with families in similar situations.
Who can attend the group?
Families/carers that use any part of our Milton hospice care services are wellcome, as long as they have pre-school children.
What will you do?
Each two-hour session will include specialist play, music therapy, a chance to speak with other members of the care team and plenty of refreshments!
What are the aims of the group?
- To offer a variety of play opportunities for your child, providing access to our sensory room, garden and well-equipped play room
- To provide therapeutic music-making opportunities as a group
- To provide families with fun and creative ways to interact with their children at home
- To enable parents and carers to meet together in a supportive setting with other families in similar situations
- To offer children and families the opportunity to meet with some of the EACH professionals, including our EACH play specialist, music therapist, art therapist, counsellors, occupational therapist and physiotherapist
... and fun for all!