Join the conversation on Twitter:
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, who is East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) Royal Patron, will attend the launch event of the charity’s £10 million fundraising appeal to build a new children’s hospice in the heart of Norfolk.
EACH, which currently runs its Norfolk children’s hospice in Quidenham, will host a launch event on Tuesday November 25th at the Norfolk Showground in Norwich.
The event will run from 11am until 2pm and will see hundreds of guests coming together to learn more about the appeal. EACH has organised the launch to bring together people from all walks of life across Norfolk and beyond including individuals, businesses, charitable trusts, schools and community and voluntary groups. EACH hopes to capture the guests’ imagination and inspire them to help raise the £10million needed to make the project a reality.
Graham Butland, EACH Chief Executive, said: “We’re really excited about the launch event as we’ve been working on this project for a long time behind the scenes and it’ll be great to finally share our vision publicly.
“Everyone at EACH is honoured and extremely proud to have The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron and delighted that Her Royal Highness will be attending the launch event on November 25th.
“The Duchess’s support continues to help us increase awareness and understanding of the care and support we provide, and in this instance, to highlight the need for a new children’s hospice in the heart of Norfolk.
“We’d like to thank everyone involved in the project so far. We’re over the first hurdle in gaining planning permission, but we’ve now got the challenge of encouraging the good people of Norfolk and beyond to help us raise the funds needed to build and equip the new hospice.”
If you’d like to register or pledge your support for the appeal please contact the EACH Norfolk Fundraising team. Address:
EACH Fundraising, Suite 5, The Old Dairy, Elm Farm Business Park, Wymondham, NR18 0SW. Tel
: 01953 666767 Email
: email@example.com Twitter
Notes to Editors
The launch event has been generously sponsored by the following businesses: Kettle Foods
– Making a positive contribution to local people has always been an important part of Kettle Foods philosophy. We have supported EACH in Norfolk since it first opened and are delighted to be involved in the launch of this appeal to build a new children’s hospice so they can continue their vital work.
EACS is an award winning and trusted provider of IT solutions and managed services. We have partnered with EACH for over eight years providing a fully hosted IT environment. EACS is pleased to work with such as inspiring charity as part of our social responsibility commitments.
Jarrold is pleased to support EACH’s ambitious plans for a new hospice to serve children in Norfolk. The Jarrold in the Community initiative was able to help the Charity through our Jarrold Staff Charity Challenge and we are delighted to continue our support at the launch of this appeal.
Winsor Bishop – A family jeweller based in the heart of Norwich, is placing this appeal in both the hearts and minds of their store and their staff. For Winsor Bishop building a children’s hospice is vital and something they are committed to help with. When families go through a shattering journey, time and support surrounding them is extraordinarily important and they recognise that EACH makes that journey as positive as possible and can help create memories that last forever.
R G Carter – As one of the UK’s largest family owned construction companies, with a regional focus in East Anglia, R G Carter have proudly supported EACH for a number of years as our charity of choice. Together, our employees and families have carried out many successful fundraising activities, with over 2000 people taking part and 1000's of miles covered in various events.
We support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Suffolk.
• Our care and support is tailored for the needs of all family members and delivered where the families wish – in their own home, at hospital, in the community or at one of three hospices in Quidenham, Ipswich and Milton.
• We deliver a wide range of services through short-break care, emotional & psychological support, symptom management, care at end of life, bereavement support and many activities & therapies.
• We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our income and need to raise almost £6 million to deliver our services this year – £16,000 a day, every day of the year.
• EACH Royal Patron – Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
• For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call the Norfolk fundraising office on: 01953 666767.
• Keep in touch: www.each.org.uk | www.twitter.com/EACH_hospices |
For further information about this release please contact:
Lindsey Sanford | Press and Media Manager | 01842 751702; 07738 328058
Simon Hempsall | Head of Marketing & Comms | 01842 762144; 07738 328058