A children’s charity has received over £1,600 after a year of fundraising by staff and visitors of Go Ape at Thetford Forest.
The outdoor adventure company held various on-site competitions, bake sales and more. Its backing of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) also extended to hosting a group of families supported by the charity for a day in June.
Victoria Herbert, Go Ape Site Manager, said: “The team unanimously voted to support EACH as their charity for 2017 after hearing about its work. Everyone got into the fundraising spirit, with many evenings spent baking biscuits and cake decorating. It was also lovely to be able to spend time chatting to families who visited us and to feel like we were doing something to help.”
Sophie Mayes, EACH Norfolk Corporate Fundraiser, said: “We were delighted to receive not only £1,612 from Go Ape last year, but also the opportunity for some of our families to spend a day at its Thetford site. A big thank you to staff.”
EACH cares for over 360 children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia, and supports more than 450 family members. The charity needs almost £6 million a year to provide its vital service. It is known around Thetford as its Retail Distribution Centre is on the Brunel Business Court, just 15 minutes from Go Ape.
For more information about EACH go to www.each.org.uk.
Notes to Editors
“We’d heard about EACH and knew they were a fantastic cause that had supported families we knew, but we never thought we’d be the ones that needed them! Sadly, as fantastic as it is, their service will always be required, and every child who needs their help deserves to have it.”
- We care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk, and support their families.
- We offer families flexibility and control over where they receive their care and support, including where their child dies - at home, in hospital or at one of three hospices at Milton (Cambridge), Quidenham (Norfolk) and The Treehouse (Ipswich).
- Our family-centred approach includes specialist nursing care, symptom management support, short breaks, wellbeing activities, therapies and counselling, all meeting the individual needs of the child, young person and whole family.
- We are recognised as leaders in our field, with a reputation for excellence and commitment to pioneering development and innovation.
- We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our income and each year need to raise more than £5 million from fundraising and £2.5 million from our shops. We also need to raise £10 million to develop our hospice services in Norfolk, including a new hospice.
- EACH Royal Patron – Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
- For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk or call the Cambridgeshire fundraising office on 01953 666767.
For further information about this release please contact:
Michael Jarvis | Press & media officer | (01842) 764556 | 07738 328058 |