East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) has enjoyed its best-ever week on eBay, taking an incredible £4,784.
EACH auctioned 195 items last week, the star lots being individual pieces of a green and yellow, butterfly-themed Aynsley pottery set.
A coffee pot sold for £500, a sugar bowl for £150, a milk jug for £125, whilst cups and saucers went for £250 to a buyer from New York, in the US.
Jason High, EACH eBay Manager, said: “We’re coming across more and more gems as our eBay store continues to grow. This record-breaking week, that bettered those in which we auctioned Ed Sheeran’s old clothes, took our income for January to £13,004.
“The money raised is invaluable as we have to raise almost £6 million a year to sustain our vital care and support service. Our success on eBay wouldn’t be possible without the fantastic support of a small team, though. If anyone has a few spare hours to volunteer during the week, please get in touch – we’d love you to join us!”
EACH’s eBay store opened in its current form in March 2015 and the charity now lists, sells, packages and posts around 900 items every month. This operation takes place at EACH’s Retail Distribution Centre in Thetford.
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia and supports their families.
To get in touch with Jason call 01842 821620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and to take a look at the EACH eBay store visit www.each.org.uk/ebay.
Notes to Editors
“Without EACH I really don't believe we would have made it this far together as a family. They make a really hard time just that little easier to deal with.”
- We care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk, and support their families.
- We offer families flexibility and control over where they receive their care and support, including where their child dies - at home, in hospital or at one of three hospices at Milton (Cambridge), Quidenham (Norfolk) and The Treehouse (Ipswich).
- Our family-centred approach includes specialist nursing care, symptom management support, short breaks, wellbeing activities, therapies and counselling, all meeting the individual needs of the child, young person and whole family.
- We are recognised as leaders in our field, with a reputation for excellence and commitment to pioneering development and innovation.
- We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our income and each year need to raise more than £5 million from fundraising and £2.5 million from our shops. We also need to raise £10 million to develop our hospice services in Norfolk, including a new hospice.
- EACH Royal Patron – Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
- For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk
For further information about this release please contact:
Michael Jarvis | Press & media officer | (01842) 764556 | 07738 328058 | Michael.email@example.com