Charity supporters with a head for heights will soon have the chance to abseil down Colchester’s historic Town Hall.
Those taking the 150ft-plus (46m-plus) plunge on Sunday, 29 April will be raising money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Lesa Barker, EACH Head of Regional Fundraising, said: “We’re really excited to be holding our abseil at such an iconic building and participants are assured of some spectacular rooftop views.
“Places are limited, so please make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. We have various time slots available between 9am and 5pm.”
Town Hall, in High Street, is a Grade I listed building designed in 1897 by John Belcher. It is ordinarily used for a range of meetings and functions.
Those taking part must be aged 12 or older. Entry is £25 and as part of this fundraising challenge participants will have a sponsorship target of £100. Online registration closes at 9am on 24 April.
All money raised will help EACH continue caring for children and young people with life-threatening conditions, and supporting their families.
To sign up, go to www.each.org.uk. For more information, call EACH’s Suffolk and East Essex fundraising office on 01473 917964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors
“I cannot imagine our lives without EACH now and I sometimes wish we hadn't let the fear of the word hospice put us off for so long. We’re truly grateful for the constant support we receive.”
- We care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk, and support their families.
- We offer families flexibility and control over where they receive their care and support, including where their child dies - at home, in hospital or at one of three hospices at Milton (Cambridge), Quidenham (Norfolk) and The Treehouse (Ipswich).
- Our family-centred approach includes specialist nursing care, symptom management support, short breaks, wellbeing activities, therapies and counselling, all meeting the individual needs of the child, young person and whole family.
- We are recognised as leaders in our field, with a reputation for excellence and commitment to pioneering development and innovation.
- We rely on voluntary donations for the majority of our income and each year need to raise more than £5 million from fundraising and £2.5 million from our shops. We also need to raise £10 million to develop our hospice services in Norfolk, including a new hospice.
- EACH Royal Patron – Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
- For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk
For further information about this release please contact:
Michael Jarvis | Press & media officer | (01842) 764556 | 07738 328058 | email@example.com