In March 2010, we launched our first major capital appeal - to raise £3 million to build and equip a new children’s hospice in Ipswich, for life-threatened children and their families in Suffolk & North Essex.
On Friday 4th March 2011 we were proudly able to announce that...
Our fundraising appeal for the £3million has now finished, however, we still need to continue raising voluntary income to provide our ongoing services. All funds raised will go towards delivering vital care and support to life-threatened children and their families in Suffolk and North Essex. For more information about how you can continue to support EACH, please visit our 'Fundraising in Suffolk' or 'Fundraising in Essex' pages.
The new hospice will allow us to...
- increase the number of beds and our ability to deliver more short break care
- allow us to deliver end of life and short break care at the same time
- provide dedicated rooms for hydrotherapy, music therapy and play
- allow families greater privacy in a dedicated family accommodation area - allowing them to remain close to their child
- offer a tranquil woodland environment, including a large landscaped garden, which children and families can enjoy
- help us to support families when they need it most, including private contemplation areas
- provide on-site office space for staff
- and ultimately, make a massive difference to local life-threatened children and their families.
Thank you all so much for your support!