London to Paris 2014 - Don't miss out on the ultimate cycling challenge!
We have just a handful left of the 20 places we've secured for the 23rd – 28th July 2014 challenge, coinciding with the finale of the Tour De France. Find out how to enter by clicking here and check out the photos from last year’s challenge.
Greenilly – UK challenges
We are delighted to announce that a new challenge company, Greenilly, is being formed and has chosen EACH as their affiliated charity. Tom, the founder, first heard about EACH through our Treehouse Appeal to build a new hospice in Ipswich. The company will specialise in UK based challenges. In 2015, Tom is also taking on an epic journey to Kayak around the whole UK and attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the longest solo kayak journey! Find out more about his challenge....
hoohaah - 2014 races
We are very excited about our new partnership with Hoohaah race organisers, who have chosen to support EACH with their 2014 races. Taking place on scenic National Trust properties across multi-terrains, there's a race to suit everyone! Download the race leaflet for further information or visit the website.
Reebok Spartan Race - you'll know at the finish!
EACH has been chosen as a charity partner for the Cambridge Reebok Spartan Race, a 5km obstacle race designed to challenge even the elite racer! The race being held on Sunday 7th September at the Carver Barracks in Saffron Walden - click here to find out more about the most talked about obstacle race!
- Virgin London Marathon - 13th April 2014
Coast to Coast - 24th - 27th April 2014 and 14th - 17th August 2014 - cycle 136 miles from the Irish Sea to the North Sea!
- hoohaah Ickworth Race - 27th April 2014 - multi terrain 10km course around Ickworth estate in Suffolk.
- Euro City Cycle - 7th - 11th May 2014 and 10th - 14th September 2014 - London, Amsterdam and Brussels - 280 miles, 3 countries and 3 capitals!
- hoohaah Wimpole Estate Race 18th May 2014 - multi terrain 10km course around the Wimpole Estate in Cambridgeshire.
- London 2 Brighton - 100km challenge 24th - 25th May 2014 - run it, walk it, your challenge, your way! The link to register can be found here!
- hoohaah Hatfield Forest Race - 22nd June 2014 - multi terrain 5km or 10km course around beautiful Hatfield Forest Essex.
- Pembrokeshire Coast Trek- 11th - 13th July 2014 - roam 25 miles of this stunning South Wales coastal path!
- London to Paris - coinciding with the Tour De France finale in July 2014 - Click here to see how our 2013 cyclists got on.
- Ride London-Surrey 100 - August - EACH has two places for the 2014. Click here to apply for a place.
- Reebok Spartan Race - 7th September - a fantastic 5km obstacle race around the Carver Army Barracks in Saffron Walden.
- Thames Path Challenge - 13th - 14th September - you can tackle the 50km or 100km challenge either as a tough ensurance walk, a 50km marathon 'plus' run or as a 100km 'ultra' marathon. Your challenge, your way!
- hoohaah Wimpole Estate Race - 5th October 2014 - multi terrain 10 miles or half marathon course around Wimpole Estate in Cambridgeshire.
- Fright Hike - 1st November - what better way to enjoy Halloween than to set yourself the challenge of surviving this spooky 30km/6 hour trek through the night. Taking place in Epping Forest, the reputed home of Dick Turpin's ghost (the infamous highway man), you can take part as a team or as an individual. Watch this space for more info when the challenge is launched in Feb!
Contact email@example.com for more info on these fantastic challenges.
Not sure if challenges are for you?
Well think again! Challenges are a great way to try something new, get fit and meet new people. We’ll support you with lots of ideas for raising sponsorship.
Go on, take that challenge!
- Cycle from the heart of London to the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Take a trek in the Himalayas, the Sahara or Transylvania and give some time to helping the local community
- Exhilarating 10,000ft freefall parachute jump
- Run for EACH in local events and marathons – there are lots to choose from whatever your speed or distance!
- Trek to heights of over 5500 metres on Kilimanjaro, one of the world’s most picturesque peaks
- Try something different, such as the Lapland Husky Trail or the Zambezi rafting blast
- Design you own challenge – the sky’s the limit!
Dr Richard Lindner took on the challenge of climbing Mount Kenya, raising close to £2000 for EACH
Richard told us:
"Climbing Mount Kenya was physically the most difficult thing I've ever done - but I made it to the top just after sunrise having got up at 2am! It was very cold at the top but the views were stunning and the sense of achievement was massive and very emotional. The descent back to our base was very awkward and painful (for knees and toes) but I limped in as dusk fell. Being able to raise money for EACH by doing this climb added another dimension to the whole expedition and certainly spurred me on in my training. I'm so pleased with the amount of money raised and of course extremely grateful to everyone who contributed. For me the climb will always be a highlight of my life and I continue to benefit from my increased fitness!"
To find out more about any of the challenges listed above, or to chat through your ideas about a challenge you want to do, contact your local fundraising team…
Essex ~ 01206 848450 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridgeshire ~ 01223 205180 ~ email@example.com
Norfolk ~ 01953 666767 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Suffolk ~ 01473 276196 ~ email@example.com
A massive thank you and well done to Gary Worton who made the trek to Everest Base Camp for EACH!